Launched in 2016, IIT Mandi Catalyst is the first Technology Business Incubator (TBI) in the state
of Himachal Pradesh. Supported by the Department of Science and Technology [GoI], HPCED, and
Meity, Catalyst provides incubation support to technology-based startups focused on creating value
and impact in the economic and/or social sector. IIT Mandi Catalyst is looking for an enthusiastic
and resourceful individual to be part of our growth story. Catalyst offers a unique set of
opportunities for creativity, dynamism, and career growth.
Associate | Full-time position in IIT Mandi Catalyst, a Section 8 company
Location: IIT Mandi Campus
Job Description: The associate shall assist the General Manager, IIT Mandi Catalyst, in endto-end startup portfolio management. The responsibilities include, but not limiting to:
1. Sourcing and screening startups applications: coordinating startup admission
process by calling and screening the startup applications.
2. Supporting startups: Onboarding the start-ups, assessment of startups’ needs,
coordinating the delivery support, event management, and fund disbursal.
3. Monitoring startup progress: Tracking and monitoring progress of startups,
reporting performance and status of startups.
4. Any other duties as required as per the needs of the organization.
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or similar. A Master’s Degree will be
2. A minimum of two years’ work experience in the startup ecosystem i.e. incubator,
accelerator, associations, or a non-profit with a primary focus on facilitating and
activating support for startups or similar work experience.
1. Understanding of incubator operations and knowledge of startup ecosystems.
2. Interest and passion for nurturing technology innovation/ entrepreneurship.
3. Administrative and managerial skills with the ability to multitask. Proficiency in
Microsoft Office or compatible applications, collaborative Apps (Slack, Microsoft
Teams, Google docs/sheets), and audio and video conferencing tools.
4. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
5. Ability to handle communication and coordination with ecosystem stakeholders
6. Ability to plan and execute small-medium size events
Remuneration and Accomodation: Compensation will range between INR 30,000-INR
50,000 per month based on relevant experience and suitability/fit. Suitable shared hostel
accommodation in campus may be provided to the outstation candidates, based on
availability, and on a paid basis.
Apply here: https://iitmandicatalyst.typeform.com/to/R8uAu9To
Terms and Instructions
● Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/informed through email.
● Catalyst reserves the right to fill up the post, not to fill up the post or cancel the
advertisement in whole or partly without assigning any reason. The company also
reserves the right to place a limit on the total number of candidates to be called for the
selection process. The decision of the company in this regard will be final.
● Documentary evidence in support of all educational and professional qualifications will
be required to be produced when specified.
● The company can verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate before
appointment, at the time of appointment, or during the tenure of the service. In case it is
detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has
clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then
his/her services shall be terminated.
● If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is
incorrect/false the candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
About IIT Mandi Catalyst
Launched in 2016, IIT Mandi Catalyst is the first Technology Business Incubator (TBI) in the
state of Himachal Pradesh. Catalyst offers a startup destination that is peaceful yet vibrant, low
cost and yet hi-tech, and sans long commutes – probably the best place to put minds to ideas.
Supported by DST [GoI], HPCED, Vishal Bharat Comnet, Chennai, and MeitY, Catalyst
supports technology-based startups focused on economic and/or social impacts. IIT Mandi
Catalyst is a Section 8 non-profit company and hence a separate legal entity from IIT Mandi.
Since its inception in 2016-17, Catalyst has received over 1200 startup applications and
supported about 135 of them. Currently, Catalyst has a portfolio of about 85 startups in sectors
that include renewable energy, road safety, disaster management, agrotech, edutech, ad-tech,
health-tech, travel management, and others. Catalyst also focuses on enabling technology-based
solutions for economic and social problems facing the Himalayan region. We maintain a cowork office space facility for startups. Residential facilities are also provided to startups based
on availability. Other than regular training and mentoring for startups, Catalyst hosts an annual
event titled ‘Himalayan Startup Trek’, a two-day event that attracts startups, investors, and
experts in large numbers from across India.
For any questions, email us at email@example.com
Read more about us on iitmandicatalyst.in
For any questions, email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Application: May 30, 2021
- HPSSC written objective type screening test result for the post of Junior Draftsman(Arch.) Post code-789
- HPSSC written objective type screening test result for the post of Junior Engineer(Mechanical) Post code-796
- HPSSC final result for the post of Copy Holder Post code-874
- हिमाचल प्रदेश कैबिनेट बैठक 31 मई तक बढ़ा कोरोना कर्फ्यू
- हिमाचल में एक साल के लिए ब्लैक फंगस महामारी घोषित